While the rest of the country heads into Spring, us Albertans are familiar with that last big bunch of snow that hits in mid to late March, every year. And, today is the day apparently.
Thank goodness it’s not accompanied by horribly cold temperatures, so it’s actually the perfect weather to enjoy some outdoor snowy fun – but it can still keep some people inside, especially when driving isn’t an option.
If you are lucky enough to be able to stay home today, here are a few ideas of things to do inside with your toddler, as the snow outside accumulates:
- Make & explore play-dough – you can find hundreds of recipes online.
- Water play – use the sink to float ice cubes around and let your little one scoop them out into a bowl, with a slotted spoon.
- Blow bubbles!
- Sort socks – children around two years old LOVE being asked to find the “other one” and especially to roll them into a ball and toss them into the laundry basket! Put a big bunch of obviously different pairs of socks (separated) into a pile and get to it.
- Finger painting
- Rotate toys – put some familiar and well played with toys away and pull out some that have been put away or untouched for a little while. It’s like they’ve never seen them before!
- Block/Duplo sort – make piles of the blocks, sorted by color – your toddler will love helping.
- Take an extra long, extra bubbly bath together before nap time.
Above all else, Have Fun and Live Well!